- Attend Church Life 101
- Join a Life Group
- Begin to Serve the Body
- Prepare to be a Partner
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in committing to partnership. Partnership interviews will be conducted in early fall & early winter for presentation to the body on anniversary Sunday (NOV) & Easter Sunday (MAR/APR).
2 PARTNERSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
1. Gospel Confession (Romans 10:9-10)
GOD - Initiates Relationship...Genesis 1:26-28
MAN - Sinfully Breaks Relationship...Romans 3:23; 6:23
CHRIST - Offers Salvation...1 Cor. 15:3-4; 2 Cor. 5:21
RESPONSE - of Man is to Confess & Repent...Acts 20:21
2. Believer's Baptism by Immersion (Matthew 28:19-20)
3 PARTNERSHIP COMMITMENTS:
1. Transformed in Christ (Romans 12:2)
...through drawing near to God by:
- personal times of bible study & worship (Psalm 119:11-16)
- biblical fellowship (Acts 2:42)
- corporate worship (Heb.10:25)
2. Engaged in Serving (Matthew 20:28)
...through humbly serving the Lord in:
- family/roommates/friends (Eph. 6:1-4; Eph. 5:22-33)
- church (1 Peter 4:10; 1 Cor. 12:12-26)
- community periodically (Gal. 6:10)
3. Compelled in Evangelism -(1 Thessalonians 2:8-12)
- praying for boldness & wisdom as God draws people to himself (Eph. 6:18-20; John 6:44)
- inviting relationships that may lead to a dialogue about Christ (Rom. 10:14)
- living in a way that spreads the love of Christ (1 Thess. 2; 2 Cor. 2:15)
4 REASONS PARTNERSHIP MATTERS:
1. The leaders are accountable to partners for their own spiritual maturity (Heb. 13:7; 1 Tim.3:1-7; Tit. 1:5-11).
2. The local church leaders are accountable to God to care for the partners “amongst” them (annual check-ups for spiritual growth, benevolence needs, discipline, unity - Acts. 20:28; 1 Peter 5:1-5; Acts 6; Heb. 13:17; Matt. 18:15-20).
3. The partners are accountable to church leaders for allowing their lives to be shepherded toward spiritual growth and support (Heb. 13:17; Col. 1:28-29; 1 Tim. 5:17-18).
4. The local body of Christ serves the Lord together; both the leaders & partners, so leaders know who is partnering with them for the work of the Gospel (1 Cor. 12:12-26; Eph. 4:11-12).
#1-Request a "Partnership Interview" by emailing email@example.com
#2-Prepare for your Partnership Interview:
- REVIEW the online statement of beliefs.
- WRITE out your testimony of receiving the Gospel in 250 words or less (about 1 page double spaced).
- EMAIL your testimony at least 48 hours in advance of your interview to firstname.lastname@example.org
To write your testimony, please use these guidelines:
(1) Focus on the major events that led you to know Jesus and how your life has changed since that point.
(2) Touch on the following points:
- How did you view Jesus before knowing Him?
- How did you first hear about Christ?
- How did you respond to what you learned about Christ?
- What did you choose to believe about Christ ?
- Why did you choose to follow Him?
- How has your life changed since coming to know Jesus?