In this section of the website, information is posted for current "partners" at FLBC. Special requests, ministry opportunities, health updates or hospitalizations, elder info, etc. can be viewed with the partner password.
- transformed in Christ,
- engaged in serving, and
- compelled in evangelism.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in committing to partnership. Partnership interviews will be conducted in early fall & early winter for presentation to the body on anniversary Sunday & Easter Sunday (respectively).
The partnership process begins by attending Church Life 101 (hosted the 1st Sunday of each month at Pastor Ty's home), after which we invite you to join a life group.
1. Gospel Confession (Romans 10:9-10)
GOD - Initiates Relationship...Genesis 1:26-28
MAN - Sinfully Breaks Relationship...Romans 3:23; 6:23
CHRIST - Offers Salvation...1 Cor. 15:3-4; 2 Cor. 5:21
RESPONSE - of Man is to Confess & Repent...Acts 20:21
2. Believer's Baptism by Immersion (Matthew 28:19-20)
1. Transformed in Christ (Romans 12:2)
...through drawing near to God by:
- personal times of bible study & worship (Psalm 119:11-16)
- biblical fellowship (Acts 2:42)
- corporate worship (Heb.10:25)
2. Engaged in Serving (Matthew 20:28)
...through humbly serving the Lord in:
- family/roommates/friends (Eph. 6:1-4; Eph. 5:22-33)
- church (1 Peter 4:10; 1 Cor. 12:12-26)
- community periodically (Gal. 6:10)
3. Compelled in Evangelism -(1 Thessalonians 2:8-12)
- praying for boldness & wisdom as God draws people to himself (Eph. 6:18-20; John 6:44)
- inviting relationships that may lead to a dialogue about Christ (Rom. 10:14)
- living in a way that spreads the love of Christ (1 Thess. 2; 2 Cor. 2:15)
4 REASONS THIS MATTERS:
1. The leaders are accountable to partners for their own spiritual maturity (Heb. 13:7; 1 Tim.3:1-7; Tit. 1:5-11).
2. The local church leaders are accountable to God to care for the partners “amongst” them (annual check-ups for spiritual growth, benevolence needs, discipline, unity - Acts. 20:28; 1 Peter 5:1-5; Acts 6; Heb. 13:17; Matt. 18:15-20).
3. The partners are accountable to church leaders for allowing their lives to be shepherded toward spiritual growth and support (Heb. 13:17; Col. 1:28-29; 1 Tim. 5:17-18).
4. The local body of Christ serves the Lord together; both the leaders & partners, so leaders know who is partnering with them for the work of the Gospel (1 Cor. 12:12-26; Eph. 4:11-12).
1-Request a "Partnership Interview" by emailing email@example.com
2-Prepare for your Partnership Interview:
- REVIEW the online statement of beliefs.
- WRITE out your testimony of receiving the Gospel in 250 words or less (about 1 page double spaced).
- EMAIL your testimony at least 48 hours in advance of your interview to firstname.lastname@example.org
To write your testimony, please use these guidelines:
(1) Focus on the major events that led you to know Jesus and how your life has changed since that point.
(2) Touch on the following points:
- How did you view Jesus before knowing Him?
- How did you first hear about Christ?
- How did you respond to what you learned about Christ?
- What did you choose to believe about Christ ?
- Why did you choose to follow Him?
- How has your life changed since coming to know Jesus?